Welcome to Oxford Music Online, home of Grove Music Online, the world’s premier online music encyclopedia, offering comprehensive coverage of music, musicians, music-making, and music scholarship.
What would you like to do?
- Take me to Grove Music Online. If you prefer to go directly to Grove Music Online in the future, please redirect your bookmarks to www.oxfordmusiconline.com/grovemusic.
- I want to find out about the changes to the website made in Autumn 2017. Read the current letter from Editor in Chief Deane L. Root, or check out the May 2017 letter from Publishing Editor Anna-Lise Santella.
- I want to learn more about Grove Music Online. Visit About GMO to learn what’s included in Grove Music Online and what projects are currently underway. Visit History of Grove Music to read about Grove’s history or explore the History of Grove Music Timeline.
- I want to read the most recently added articles. Visit the News page.
- I want to access free subject guides and other free learning resources. Find timelines, guides to periods in Western music history, opera indexes, and more in Tools and Resources.
- I want to search the Oxford Dictionary of Music and The Oxford Companion to Music as well as Grove Music Online. If you already subscribe to Grove, your subscription includes access to the Oxford Dictionary of Music and The Oxford Companion to Music. Entering a search term in the box at the top of this page will search Grove and provide a link to results in the Dictionary and Companion. Search results will lead to Grove Music Online (for Grove) or Oxford Reference (for the Companion and Dictionary). For more information, please visit About Oxford Music Online.
- Tell me how to subscribe. Visit the Subscribe page for information about both individual and institutional subscriptions.
- I need help with something else. Contact us with any other questions or comments.
Keep up to date with the latest news from Oxford University Press and Grove Music Online
You can opt in to receive information from OUP in several different ways:
- Check the News page regularly for the latest news related specifically to Grove Music Online. You can also subscribe via RSS feed here.
- Join our mailing list to receive information about our latest publishing, including subject news and special offers.
- Connect via our Social Media channels: follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and via OUPBlog.