About Oxford Music Online
Oxford Music Online is a gateway offering users the ability to search multiple music reference resources in one location. With Grove® Music Online as its cornerstone, Oxford Music Online also provides search of The Oxford Companion to Music (revised 2011), which offers more than 8,000 articles on composers, performers, conductors, instruments and notation, forms and genres, and individual works; and the Oxford Dictionary of Music 2nd edition (revised 2006), which supplements Grove's more extensive articles with content geared toward undergraduates and general users. Both of these sources are included in subscriptions to Grove Music Online. Clicking search results in Grove Music Online leads to the Grove website; search results in the Companion and the Dictionary lead to full text articles on Oxford Reference.
Key features of Oxford Music Online
- Authoritative, peer-reviewed articles with rich supporting materials including bibliographies, media, and links to related resources
- Powerful search engine with sophisticated filtering options to refine by source, type, subject, and availability
- Intuitive navigation and options to save, print, or share articles
- OpenURL compliance to allow users to query their library catalogue and external resources with bibliographic information
- Learning resources including subject guides and timelines