Show Summary Details

Page of

Printed from Grove Music Online. Grove is a registered trademark. Under the terms of the licence agreement, an individual user may print out a single article for personal use (for details see Privacy Policy).

date: 18 November 2019

Rollschweller (Ger.: ‘roller swell’)locked


(Ger.: ‘roller swell’)

In German organs of the late Romantic period the equivalent of the crescendo pedal, used to engage or disengage a series of stops; it is sometimes also called Walze. It is operated by rotating a large roller with the foot, and there is sometimes a second roller (Pedalmoderator) controlling only the Pedal stops. ...

You do not currently have access to this article


Please login to access the full content.


Please subscribe to access the full content.