- Hugh Davies
- , revised by Peter Donhauser
An Electric piano developed by Dr Pollak-Rudin and Ernst Werndl in Vienna and completed by 1937. It resembled a baby grand in size but was semicircular and had no soundboard. Its strings were activated and their vibrations picked up by electromagnets, of which there were several to each string, positioned at different points along its length; the player could switch amongst them to obtain different timbres. A special mechanism produced mandolin-like repetitions of the sound. ...