- Hans Klotz
(b Thusis, July 7, 1934). German organ builder. He received his training from Lothar Hintz in Saarbrücken and the firms of Walcker in Ludwigsburg, Geneva Orgelbau, and Manfred Mathis in Näfels, passing his master’s examinations in 1967. He established his own business in Ruit on 1 July 1967 and moved his workshop to Rommerskirchen on 1 November 1970. He builds organs exclusively with slider chests and tracker action, in solid cases without steel framework. His pipe metal is partly planed and hammered by hand; stopped pipes have soldered tops. He favours suspended actions and unequal temperament. By the early 1980s Fischer had built nine organs, including those at St Maria Himmelfahrt, Mönchengladbach (1975; three manuals, 32 stops); St Germain, Geneva (1980; two manuals, 16 stops); and a restoration at St Martin, Nettesheim (1982; two manuals, 22 stops). The three-manual organ at St Gertrudis, Krefeld–Bockum (...