- Bengt Kyhlberg
- , revised by Anna Kyhlberg
Swedish firm of organ builders, active in Göteborg. Mårten Bernhard Söderling (1786–1836) set up a workshop for small organs in Göteborg in 1812. An example of his work is preserved at Lundby Old Church, Göteborg (1818, later modified). About 1830 he was succeeded by his three sons: Johan Nikolaus Söderling (1802–90) became the director and was joined by Emanuel (1806–53), who had studied with Pehr Zacharias Strand, and Carl Fredrik (1813–72). The Söderling brothers built more than 150 organs, mostly of classical tonal design, mainly for the west and south of Sweden; about 20 are preserved, including those at Övre Kamp (1842), Voxtorp, Jönköping province (1852), and Väse (1858).
Salomon Molander (1833–1905) trained with the Söderling brothers and obtained his diploma by 1870. In 1874 he took over the firm with his colleague E.G. Eriksson. They worked as Molander & Eriksson until ...