- Bengt Kyhlberg
- , revised by Anna Kyhlberg
Swedish family of organ builders. Johannes Magnusson (1852–1923) went to Göteborg in 1874 as a pupil of Salomon Molander. He worked under Molander for 14 years before opening his own workshop in Göteborg in 1888, first building mechanical-action organs and later adopting pneumatic actions. Among more than 80 organs he built is that at Skölvene (1895). His son Anders Magnusson (1882–1956) trained in Zurich and joined the firm in 1910 as his father’s assistant, then took over as director in 1911. Under his leadership the business became a limited company, known as A. Magnussons Orgelbyggeri, AB. Among organs he worked on were those of St Gertrudes, Västervik (1933, 1941) and Munktorp (1944). His son Stig Thure Magnusson (b 21 April 1920; d 12 April 1998) finished his training in 1947 and became a partner in the firm, in Mölndal, in ...