Táborszky, Nándor [Ferdinánd ]
- Ilona Mona
(b 1831; d 1888). Hungarian music publisher . He was the son of János Mihály Táborszky, for whose benefit Liszt gave a concert in Pest on 8 January 1840. He opened his shop in 1868 as a branch of Rózsavölgyi és Társa, but soon became independent and, with József Parsch, set up as Táborszky & Parsch. As early as 1873 they received a letter of commendation at the Vienna Weltausstellung. Their publications are marked with the letters ‘T & P’ or ‘T és P’ followed by the plate number (usually accurate). Táborszky not only had business relations with Liszt, between 1871 and 1886 publishing more than 18 of his works; he enjoyed the composer’s personal friendship, as Liszt’s correspondence in Hungarian collections shows. The firm ceased in 1895 with the death of József Parsch, after more than 25 years of activity. The legal successor was Kálmán Nádor; since nationalization it has been Editio Musica Budapest....